The International Society for Endomicroscopy (IS4E) was established in October 2016 to bring together medical and scientific investigators, manufacturers and others interested in the development and application of real-time microscopic imaging technologies from around the world.
President: David L. Carr-Locke, MD
Objectives of IS4E:
- Foster interdisciplinary discussion of endomicroscopy through publications, conferences and other educational activities.
- Improve understanding of human microanatomy, physiology and pathology through endomicroscopy.
- Facilitate diagnosis and treatment of disease through endomicroscopy.
- Train investigators in the science and practice of endomicroscopy.
- Collaborate with industry to facilitate development of endomicroscopy.
- Interact with other medical and scientific organizations interested in endomicroscopy.
- Develop evidence-based guidelines for the appropriate clinical application of endomicroscopy.
- Provide evidence for the value of endomicroscopy to regulatory bodies.
- Establish criteria for credentialing.